PS4 and Xbone.
PS4 and Xbone.
(More on the link — via Why Superman Man of Steel Super Sucked - Eat Your Kimchi)
HAH! Ok, let’s see. Spoilers follow (for those who have yet to see the movie and are reading my thoughts on the matter). I’m gonna address the points the guy in the video complains about. Beware, this is a long post.
To the video reviewer: Dude, if you wanna complain about a movie, go complain about Spider-Man 3. Worst abortion of a movie ever. Here goes:
1) I agree with the “sending Zod and crew aboard a spaceship to the phantom zone”. The Kryptonian council or the “best of the best” should’ve used that spaceship to escape. Then again, the council didn’t believe Krypton was in danger and didn’t believe Jor-El’s warnings. Also, Zod and the prisoners were sent to the phantom zone on a ship that wasn’t meant for travel. Zod had to change the way the ship worked later (once free) in order to use it for travelling. It is only because Krypton exploded that the Phantom Zone broke open, somehow and they could escape from it. That would never have happened otherwise.
2) The tornado scene frustrated me to no end, I have to agree. It was dumb. They were trying to make the point that even with all his might and powers, Superman can’t save everyone, but the way they did tried to show us that, was dumb. I hated that scene. Dumb as fuck. But when the reviewer mentions the oil tanker rescue, it’s definitely not the same situation as the tornado. He was in Smallville in front of people who knew him, thus he couldn’t risk exposing himself in front of friends and townsfolk (what with his dad being afraid of Clark being found out to be an alien and stuff and not wanting Clark to expose himself no matter what, you know?). No one knew who he was in that oil tanker. No one knew his name or his face and he never stayed in the same place and always moved around. Not the same.
3) Agree on the glaciar climbing thing and the cauterizing xD. Then again, I’m not a doctor and Lois is rescued later so maybe she got taken to a doctor to take care of the internal bleeding or whatever. I dunno.
4) The krytonian suit. Really? It’s kryptonian. Maybe it adapts to whoever is wearing it, alien tech, magic and mumbo-jumbo.
5) Complaining about the shaving? oh, he’s just pushing it, come on xD.
6) Lois being taken to the ship. Yup, I didn’t think it made sense. No reason for it as far as I remember. Maybe she was taken as a, uh… hmmm… like some sort of insurance policy or something so Clark cooperates? I dunno.
7) Zod’s just wrong in the head and maybe he was just an asshole. Lazy explanation but yeah, lol. He did try to overthrow the Kryptonian council and killed people of the council in order to do so and try to save Krypton, in his own way I guess. As for trying to terraform Earth, I can partially defend his actions there. Having all kryptonians with super powers would be the best thing ever to conquer Earth, if he was so inclined. I agree with the reviewer. But then there’s the thing that, as Zod himself states, he was engineered to defend and protect Krypton, his people and culture. He can’t help himself, so him terraforming Earth is something he just feels is right in order to rebuild Krypton as it was. He’s a living relic from an extinct world after all. Clark is an anomaly because he was born naturally.
8) How did Superman know that sending his ship to crash with Zod’s ship would create a “black hole”? Could it be because Jor-El’s computer program told Louis how to do it so she could tell Superman? Maybe the reviewer wasn’t paying attention. Like I said on point 6, her being taken to the spaceship made no sense (or some to little sense), but the writer did use her to convey info to Clark later. Not the best thing the writers could have done, but there you go.
9) Yeah, there was no point for Louis to be on that military airplane. No point at all. Agreed. I thought it was retarded and forced.
10) I agree with the whole Zod wanting to kill Clark was dumb. After all, he did have all of Krypton’s genetic code or whatever within him. All I can say is Zod was simply blinded with rage thinking the only survivors were him and Clark and just wanted to kill him out of spite and anger. Retarded, yes. But people do lots of retarded things out of anger, you know? Clark is not a true kryptonian as far as Zod is concerned. Plus being filled with rage and anger… yeah. I dunno.
11) When they were fighting near that satellite, how did they land on the same spot on Earth later? Such a stupid thing to complain about.
12) Agree, how the fuck did Lois get there so fast? Stupid.
Mostly, this is all nitpicking on the reviewer’s part. This video doesn’t diminish my enjoyment on the movie. Not one bit. I know the parts of the movie I loved and the parts I utterly disliked and even hated. But the good parts outweigh the bad ones (which I thought to be few) and therefore I ended up liking the movie and not being too bothered by its mistakes.
Why is the word “abbreviation” so long?